Saturday, December 8, 2012

From Dusk Until Dawn [Post-Hardcore]

how do you feel when you're watching the sky
from the cold depths of your blackened Hell
the sun will not shine for you at all
when it rains, it never wants to stop

bury me, selfish sea of broken dreams and fallen man
these bones won't break, but I wish they would
you're so damn naive, believe what you hear
such a beautiful face, you'll hide all of your pain

cover your scars with the sleeves on your shirt
your thighs are exposed - thank God that they're clean
your arms are still scarred though your thighs are now clean
honey I know your smile's so fake

what do you see as you look to the stars
hide from your past and plan for the end
you can't decide why in the Hell there's reason to stay
watch as your mother is killed in front of your eyes

your family is dead now you're the only one left
paint a rose black and spread all the ashes
cover the scars, you never left them showing
a beautiful face means nothing to me

what are you like as a person inside
steadily the fog lurks in the dark and comes from the sea
engulfing you and hiding the tears from the world to see
tell me, baby, what do you see when you look up at me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment on My Art