Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Path I Walk (Christian Alternative)

I realize what lies ahead if I take this path
Walk the path of a life full of sorrow
I lay on this bed of tears and cry myself to sleep
Not the best way of sleep, but it gets the job done

I know I can't take much more of this life
I wait for the future to be filled with good fortune
But I know that day will not come
Not unless I change the path I walk along

I walk a path that's filled with hate
It's filled with misfortune and disasters
These wounds you make in my heart
Oh baby, you know they don't heal so fast

But you know I've found a way to rid myself of you
Rid myself of these holes you've made
And I need not know where you are, what you do
And I know you don't care, so why should I care?

I ride this lightning bolt to a higher place
I swear tonight I'll take all control -- not go insane again
I walk along this path of Love and of joy
I've change the path I'm on, you're going down
Down, down, down

It's too bad I wont see you again
'Cause now I can't rub it in
But that's because I wont be down there
I'll be up in the sky, way up in Heaven with God
____________________________________________________

Thank you to Red Velvet Line for inspiring me to write this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment on My Art