Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Truthful Lies [Pop Punk]

every day I'm asked the same things from those who know of our past
what went wrong when we lasted for so long
and I can't even say a thing 'cause I'm ashamed of who I am
I don't want to be this way but it's life, that's who I am

now I don't want to be this way, I'm ashamed of who I am
what's become of myself
and why would I lie at all, no one trusts the liar's truth
I'm ashamed of who I am but it's life it's who I am

every day they say the things I don't want to hear from them
I can't say a thing to them 'cause I'm ashamed of who I am
if I say anything, it won't help a thing at all
and when I tell the truth to you, you don't think it's really true

'cause I've lied so much before, couldn't stop it anytime
and no one trusts the lies I say even if the truth is heard
and I can't say the things I've done
'cause I don't want to be this way, who I am isn't right

I don't want to be this way, it's who I am, I want to change
anything I say is classified as lies and nothing else
someone save me and help me out 'cause I don't want to be this way
the way I am is killing me

tried to run and hide from it,
that made it worse, it didn't help a bit
all the times they ask me what went wrong with us
I can't say a thing to them 'cause if I do I'll cry in shame

I hate the thing that I've become, so ashamed of who I am
all these things I've said and done are killing me inside the heart
I warn you now to stay away 'cause I don't want to hurt you too
I'm ashamed of who I am, I don't want to be this way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment on My Art