Monday, July 4, 2011

Trading Love (Pop Punk)

I never said
You had to be a trend
to be with me
just said you had to love me
nothing more was asked of you
yet you abandoned me so soon
just traded it away
for trendy new clothes

so now I just have to keep
reminding myself
that I am not
a freak by any means

I'm a human for sure
you can't change that
nothing's wrong with me
That's for sure

I promise you
you'll come back
but by that time I'll be gone
be with someone else and

they'll be better than you
I promise you
I'm no freak
I'm another human

I have feelings like you
and you broke my heart
so now I'm sorry
but I must break yours

you left me for
some trendy new clothes
I don't know why
but it must've seemed right

why you left me
for a new set of clothes
is beyond my belief
'cause you can't trade love

for the world 'round
'cause love is priceless
and a trendy new shirt
is far from a good trade

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment on My Art